Catfish Conference 2019 – 2024 Attendee Agreement
This Exhibition Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between Catfish Conference LLC (“Catfish Conference”), a Kentucky limited liability company, located at 139 E Dixie Ave, Elizabethtown, KY 42701, and )(“Participant”), in connection with the Catfish & Crappie Conference (“the Conference” or “Event”), scheduled to take place at Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, KY on February 23-24, 2024.
WHEREAS, Catfish Conference is an organization dedicated to the field of catfishing and promotion of catfishing, and organizes and operates an annual conference at which exhibition and booth rental opportunities are available; and
WHEREAS, the Participant desires to attend the Event for non-commercial purposes in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, in light of the foregoing and for good and valuable consideration, including the promotional opportunities to be afforded to the Participant as provided herein, Catfish Conference and the Participant agree as follows:
- Participant Conduct. Participant shall at all times during the Event behave lawfully and conduct himself in an appropriate manner. Participant agrees to conduct itself in a manner that is courteous and respectful of Catfish Conference, its staff and of attendees at the Conference. Participant further agrees to comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations. Any Participant who, in the sole opinion of Catfish Conference, engages in conduct that is unethical, offensive or that is not in keeping with or appropriate for the Conference, may be dismissed from the Conference without refund. Participant agrees to accept and abide by such decisions.
- Badges. Participants will receive a Catfish Conference name badge and/or wrist band that is unique to the Event and will provide access to the Event. Name badges and/or wrist bands must be worn at all times to gain access to the Event. Anyone found counterfeiting, copying, or sharing badges may be subject to sanctions up to, and including, removal from the Event. A penalty fee of US $10 will be charged for the first reprint of lost or misplaced badges. A second reprint will incur a penalty fee of US $20. Badges and/or wrist bands will not be printed a third time.
- Age and Identification. No one under the age of 18 will be admitted. All attendees must provide identification for admittance.
- No Photography, Recording, Live Streaming, or Taping. Photography for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited, as is recording, live streaming, or taping. Participant may not record or broadcast audio or video of the Event. Catfish Conference does allow cameras during the Event, and Participant may take photographs during the Event for non-commercial purposes. If Participant wishes to take photograph or video for a commercial purpose, Participant must obtain a prior written license from Catfish Conference before doing so. If Participant uses photographs of video from the Event without prior written permission from Catfish Conference, Participant acknowledges and agrees that Catfish Conference shall have the right to seek compensation for the use of such footage and shall be liable for any fees and costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, related to the removal of the unauthorized footage from the internet, social media, and/or print materials.
- No Promotion. Participant agrees not to display or distribute any promotional items or to engage in any marketing, advertising, or promotion of itself, its business, or a third party business during the Event. Participant agrees not to use space at the Event to promote itself, its business, or a third party business without prior written authorization from Catfish Conference. Participant further agrees not to conduct any sales or promote any service or product on Catfish Conference’s social media outlets or at the Event without prior written approval from Catfish Conference and without obtaining prior booth space and registering for Catfish Conference as an Exhibitor. In the event Participant engages in such conduct, Participant acknowledges and agrees that Catfish Conference shall have the right to seek compensation Participant’s unauthorized conduct, and Participant shall be liable for any fees and costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, related to the Participant’s unauthorized conduct.
- Registration Fee. Participant shall pay the registration fee to Catfish Conference concurrent with the execution of this Agreement. Any failure to pay the required registration fee shall entitle Catfish Conference to prohibit attendance to the Event.
- Cancellations, Refunds, and Substitutions. Full refunds of registration fees are issued only if a cancellation request is received in writing by December 31, 2023 before 5 pm EST. No refunds will be issued for the Event after that date. Refund requests should be submitted to [email protected].
- Limitation of Liability; Indemnification. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all warranties expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement are disclaimed by Catfish Conference. Catfish Conference shall not be liable for lost profits, lost opportunities, or indirect reliance, incidental or consequential damages under any circumstances. Except as required by law, in no event shall Catfish Conference or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement or in connection with the advertisement, promotion, purchase, or sale of products on the Catfish Conference website or marketplace. The maximum aggregate liability of Catfish Conference for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by Participant to Catfish Conference under this Agreement.
- Release. Participant expressly releases Catfish Conference, its officers, members and employees from any and all claims for loss, damage or injury.
- Intellectual Property. CATFISH CONFERENCE, the Catfish Conference logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks that belong to Catfish Conference or its licensors. Participant acknowledges Catfish Conferences rights in these marks and agrees that it will not use these marks without Catfish Conference’s prior written permission. Participant further agrees that it shall not use these marks in metatags or hidden text without Catfish Conference’s prior written permission. Participant acknowledges that Participant will not challenge Catfish Conference’s rights in its marks, including but not limited to CATFISH CONFERENCE and the Catfish Conference logo.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Catfish Conference or any of its affiliates. Furthermore, Agreement does not grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Catfish Conference, or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Catfish Conference or its affiliates.
- Media Release. Participant hereby grants Catfish Conference or anyone authorized by Catfish Conference, including without limitation any of Catfish Conference’s partners, affiliates, successors, entities, and assigns the right to use Participant’s name, likeness, image, voice, story, and appearance, as well as those of Participant’s officers, employees, and contractors, and to copy, record or transfer to video tape, film, slides, photographs, audio tape, print, internet content, or other media now known or later developed such materials for any future purpose. This right is irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, and royalty-free. Participant hereby waives any right it may have to inspect or approve the use(s) or the finished product in which material is incorporated, or the advertising or other copy that may be used in connection therewith, or to authorize the nature or scope of the final use(s). Participant understands that Participant’s name, likeness, image, voice, story, appearance, and performance may be used for broadcast, exhibit, market, sale or other commercial distribution and Catfish Conference has no financial commitment or obligation to Participant in connection with such use(s) as a result of this release.
- Sharing of Information. Participant acknowledges and agrees that Catfish Conference may share information collected through Participant’s registrant and attendance at Event about Participant (including Personal Information) with third parties that provide services to Catfish Conference or to Participant, including but not limited to our affiliates and partners, as well as with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to Participant. Participant permits Catfish Conference to share information collected about Participant as it wishes in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement, may be modified only in writing signed by the authorized representatives of both parties, and contains the parties’ entire understanding with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements, understandings or discussions with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Parties agree that (i) all disputes and other matters relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement shall be brought before the federal and states courts located in Jefferson County, Louisville, Kentucky, (ii) the venue shall be proper in the appropriate court set forth in the preceding clause, and (iii) no Party shall contest notice from any such court for any reason. No failure to exercise and no delay in exercising any right, remedy, or power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, or power hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, or power provided herein or by law or in equity. The waiver by any Party of the time for performance of any act or condition hereunder shall not constitute a waiver of the act or condition itself.
Welcome to www.catfishconference.com (the “Website”), which is owned and operated by Catfish Conference (“Catfish Conference” or “we”) and forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Use that govern your use of the Website.
- Purpose. This Website is for personal use only and provides you with information and resources about catfishing and the catfishing community, allows you to become a member of Catfish Conference and access your Catfish Conference account, provides you with an online market place for consumers to purchase and sell catfish-related products, and permits you to register to attend conferences hosted by Catfish Conference (the “Catfish Conference Services”).
(a) What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Website.
- (i) “Non-personal Information” is any information that does not identify you individually (such as group demographics) or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data. For example, we may collect web browsing history related to the Website, date and times of visits to the Website, date and number of videos viewed through the Website, and/or IP address associated with your device(s)
- (ii) “Personal Information” is your personally identifiable information, including first and last name together with email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card information. To the extent we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information.
(b) How Information Collected. We collect information in the Website in these ways.
- (i) Voluntarily Provided. In the course of visiting and using the Website and the Catfish Conference Services, you may provide information to us voluntarily. For example, in order to use portions of the Website, complete a transaction, become a member of Catfish Conference, or register to attend a conference, you will be asked to complete a form to create a Catfish Conference online user account, including selecting user name and password. You will also be required to various registration forms in the course of becoming a member or registering for a conference. In the course of doing these tasks, you will be asked for information about yourself. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but you will not be able to use portions of the Website, complete transactions, or take advantage of various Catfish Conference Services without doing so. Catfish Conference may collect information you send us and combine it with information from other users and/or de-personalize it to make it Non-personal Information.
(ii)Technologically Gathered. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Website. For example, we collect traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Website or each page, etc.), collect and log “clickstream data” (such as internet protocol addresses, pages visited, clicks made, courses completed, and similar information) and information about your computer and internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information (unless it is combined with Personal Information that you or other sources provide to us). We may combine information about your use with information about others’ use to generate aggregated Non-personal Information about visitors as a group. Catfish Conference may collect information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology (also known as a “web beacon”) and we may combine this with your Personal Information or with other Non-personal information. This Website employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Website, recognize you, and track your Website usage.
- (2) “Web beacons” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help Catfish Conference determine whether a page on this Website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
- (c) Do Not Track. The Website does not respond to do-not-track signals from browsers or other similar mechanisms. While Catfish Conference (with the assistance of its service providers) does collect information about Your use of the Website for its own use, Catfish Conference does not permit third party advertisers to collect personally identifiable information about Your online activities for their own use when You use the Website. Except as described above, Catfish Conference does not permit third-party behavioral tracking or any other third-party data collection through the Website.
- (a) What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Website.
How We Use the Information. Generally, Catfish Conference uses information to improve our products and services, to improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Website, to manage transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to build relationships with our vendors and other third parties, to provide you with information about Catfish Conference services, to fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to conduct market research and analysis. Additionally, Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may contact you regarding other purposes related to your use of the Catfish Conference Services. We may also contact you to obtain your input or to provide information about our services or products offered through the Website. Catfish Conference may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Website and may link information about your use of the Website with your Personal Information.
- (a) Transactions. If you provide Personal Information to us in connection making a transaction on the Website, registering as a Catfish Conference member, or registering to attend a conference, Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may use your information to process the transaction and communicate with you. Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may use your personal information to communicate with necessary parties regarding your conference or membership registration and your use of the Catfish Conference Services.
- (b) Marketing. We may use your Personal Information and/or Non-personal Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Website and/or through email or U.S. mail. We may communicate with you about Catfish Conference’s services or third party services that may interest you. We may also share or sell some of your Personal (excluding credit card information) and/or Non-personal Information to third parties who offer market and advertise to you. We may use Non-personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves. Catfish Conference does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information.
- (a) Security Measures. Catfish Conference takes steps to protect your Personal Information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted in the following ways: Catfish Conference protects access to your Personal Information via password. The servers on which your information is stored are kept in a secure environment protected by a firewall.
- (b) Steps you can Take. Where you have selected or received a password for use in connection with login information or accessing certain features of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and for not sharing it with anyone.
- (c) While Catfish Conference will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge and agree that Catfish Conference shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond Catfish Conference’s control (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party (including dealers’) security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond Catfish Conference’s control).
Disclosure to Third Parties.
- (b) Sharing Information. Catfish Conference may share your information (including Personal Information) with third parties that provide services to Catfish Conference or to You, including but not limited to our affiliates and partners and your lender. Catfish Conference may also share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. Catfish Conference does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-personal Information. Catfish Conference may share it with anyone for any purpose.
- (c) California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected], or write us at Catfish Conference LLC, 139 E. Dixie Ave, Elizabethtown, KY-42701.
Managing Your Information.
- (a) Information Access. Upon your request, Catfish Conference will remove your Personal Information from Catfish Conference’s records related to this Website. Doing this may prevent You from accessing and using the Website and the Catfish Conference Services. If you wish to update/correct Personal Information you have already provided to us, or if you wish to remove your Personal Information from our records, please send your request to us via email at [email protected], or via postal mail at Catfish Conference LLC, 139 E. Dixie Ave, Elizabethtown, KY-42701.
(b) Opting Out.
- (i) Email Marketing. You may choose to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending your request to us via email at [email protected] or via postal mail at Catfish Conference LLC, 139 E. Dixie Ave, Elizabethtown, KY-42701, or by using the means (such as clicking “unsubscribe”) provided in our marketing emails. Please note, however, that your opt-out will apply only to marketing emails, not email communications about your Transaction or other non-marketing correspondence.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on our Website. If we discover that any registration is made by a child under the age of 13, such registration will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from our Website, with or without notice.
- Contact Information.