The Catfish Conference Team (creator of the largest event dedicated to Catfish and Crappie Fishing in the Nation) is pleased to present this top tournament trails in the Nation and select other noteworthy shows.
Get Ticket Today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/catfish-crappie-conference-2024-louisville-ky-tickets-569853365757
Let us know what you think and don’t hesitate to rate the event if you attended one.
- This event has passed.
CatMasters 2021 | Caruthersville, MO – Mississippi River
November 5, 2021 @ 6:30 am - November 6, 2021 @ 3:00 pm
CatMasters 2021 | Caruthersville, MO – Mississippi River
Catfishing Tournament Information
2021 CARUTHERSVILLE RULES
These rules have been established to encourage fairness, safety, conservation, and significant care for the fish caught. It is the goal of this event to move our sport forward as an example for all to follow.
- Entries made and paid for are prohibited from being sold, bartered or given away without the expressed written consent of a tournament official. All Entries Are Final!
- Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Any disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification.
- Any violation will result in automatic disqualification.
- All State and Federal rules will be observed. It is up the the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
- One participant from each team MUST be present for the mandatory meeting to be held Thursday, July 22, 2021. Time and location, TBD.
- Tournament Hours: 7:00AM – 3:00PM. Boat launch begins at 5:00AM. Lines in the water prior to 7:00AM will be cause for immediate disqualification.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of a 3 person team.
- All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Life vest must be worn at take off and encouraged while underway at all times.
- Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only.
- A maximum of 3 fish per boat per day will be allowed at weigh in. Only 2 of the 3 fish may be over 34 Inches.
- Teams are allowed to have as many rods on board as needed. However, only 6 rods are allowed in the water at any given time.
- No snagging will be allowed
- No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- No chumming.
- No fishing intentionally baited holes.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. This includes all boats.
- Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- No fishing outside of the boat.
- No alcoholic beverages, marijuana or illegal substances are allowed on board or used during tournament hours.
- All boats and teams must check-in for a live well check at a TBD location before launching. Live well checks will begin at 3am. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Ramp locations to be used and boundaries TBD.
- Onboard live wells must be no less than 50 gallons 2 – 40 gallon, employ an electric fresh water circulating pump and include proper aeration. OXYGEN USE IS ENCOURAGED.
- All boats must be at Caruthersville S.P. Reynolds Park/Ramp by 4:00PM. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Weigh in location TBD.
- There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 3 fish in live-well at weigh in it will result in disqualification.
- No dead fish will be allowed at weigh in and will disqualify your team.
- No culling of fish at weigh in.
- Ties will be decided by the team with the largest fish. If no big fish weighed it will be decided by a coin toss.
- Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
- This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released healthy and alive. They may not be taken home with tournament participants.
- Angler’s that consider their catch to be a possible record will be responsible for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes.
- Social Media live feeds are allowed and encouraged. However, caution must be used not to reveal to much relevant information when going live during the tournament hours. (see rule #19)
- Upon your entry into the tournament you agree to and are placed under the Waiver/Release for CARUTHERSVILLE event, Please read below:
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR CARUTHERSVILLE:
By entering the CARUTHERSVILLE event, you attest to have read the accompanying event information and understand the policies of the event. I know that fishing on a river is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with my voluntary participation in this event, including but not limited to, falls and potential drowning, the effects of the weather, including extreme temperatures, boat traffic and all conditions on the river, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else who might claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue and WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE The Catmasters, the City of Caruthersville, MO and any and all sponsors, officials, workers or volunteers, their representatives, successors or assigns for ANY AND ALL claims or liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, for death, personal injury or property damage arising out of, or in the course of my participation in this event. I further grant full permission to the above mentioned sponsors, organizers and or agents authorized by them, to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or other record of the event for any reasonable purpose.
All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
NOTE: There will be someone at the weigh in site throughout the tournament. If you have a large fish or fish that will not survive until 4:00PM, you may bring your fish to be weighed and recorded. We will then release the fish and you can continue to fish. Once the weight has been recorded and the amount of fish you may not cull when you come back in.
If you have fish that you feel will not survive until weigh in time bring them in so they can be weighed and released. That is why we have someone at weigh in. So that the fish can be released with the least amount of stress and a successful survival rate.
Boat numbers will be issued in the order entries are received and payment is made.
This is a live document. Rules are subject to change without notice.