The Catfish Conference Team (creator of the largest event dedicated to Catfish and Crappie Fishing in the Nation) is pleased to present this top tournament trails in the Nation and select other noteworthy shows.
Let us know what you think and don’t hesitate to rate the event if you attended one.
The ICA is a 501(c)(7) not for profit organization. A 501(c)(7) is a non-profit Social and Recreational Club. All proceeds are used strictly for the Indiana Catfish Association, no one is profiting, all ICA officers are volunteers. This means that 100% of any monies collected by the ICA goes to the running of the club and/or back out to our members in the form of prizes, awards, etc. This sets us apart from most other clubs.
Tournament Location: Leavenworth, Indiana
Tournament Date: 8/12/2017
Entry fee $100 late entry $25
Captains Meeting: 8/12/2017 – 6:30 am @ leavenworth Boat ramp, one member from each team at end of ramp next to water. late regristration ends 630 am
Tournment Hours: Segment 1 7:00am – 2:30pm Back to Ramp No later than 3:00pm. Segment 2 – 6:30pm – 6:30am Be back at ramp no later than 7:00am
Click here (the link will send you back to Indiana Catfish Association’s site to download the PDF)
1. All participants must be ICA members. $5 yearly membership will include spouse and children under 18 living in your home.
2. $60.00 Entry fee per boat, no refunds. Big fish pot of $20 is included in the $60 entry.
3. 1-3 person allowed per boat.
4. 5 catfish limit, no dead catfish, no culling at ramp. All catfish released after weigh-in. Only channel, blue and flathead catfish will be weighed.
5. Minimum 16 inch length limit. A 5lb penalty will be assessed for each short catfish brought to scale. No stringers allowed.
6. no rod limit allowed in boat for 2-3 men but only 6 in use at any time. For 1 man team only 3 in use at any time UNLESS YOU ARE ON OHIO RIVER WITH A KY FISHING LICENSE, YOU MAY USE 6 RODS. One man team is still restricted to one blue or flathead over 35” one channel over 28” instead of two.
7. All catfish must be caught on rod and reel only. No catfish may be taken from trot, jug or limb-lines.
8. All Indiana state fishing and boating laws apply. Must show valid IN fishing license.
9. Life jackets must be worn at take-off.
10. No trailering boats allowed. All entrants must launch from designated ramp. No shore fishing.
11. No trading or accepting catfish with or from another entry, or with another person on shore or water.
12. Any legal commercial or natural bait is permitted. No chumming of any type allowed.
13. No anchoring or drifting within 50 yards of an anchored boat unless permission is given by the anchored boat.
14. No alcohol is permitted during event or weigh-in.
15. All boats must return to weigh in headquarters for safety reasons, whether fish are weighed or not.
16. Late to weigh-in results in disqualification.
17. If your boat is broke down, please make an X with your arms to alert people you are broke down. If a boat does not stop, they will be disqualified. If you stop to help, you will not be disqualified, but the boat being towed in will…providing you are both late to weigh-in.
18. Must not be on the water after noon before night tournaments and after midnight before day tournaments. May launch 3 hours prior to start but stay in sight of the ramp.
19. In the event of a tie, the team with the most fish will place higher. If still tied, the team with the largest fish will place higher.
20. No one may be allowed to compete who has been proved to have cheated or who has exhibited improper conduct at any previous tournament.
21. Courtesy and sportsmanship will be expected and practiced by all event participants.
22. ICA, Indiana DNR, and event workers are not responsible for accident or injury. A waiver must be signed.
23. All protest must be made in writing before weigh-in. Disputes will be settled by event director and tournament committee.
24. ICA annual awards such as Big fish of the year and big fish of each species is only available for members who are classic eligible. Open tournaments count towards annual awards but again only for classic eligible members.
25. Tournament hours may be extended/delayed due to weather (i.e fog, storms, safety, etc.).
26. 2015 Ohio River Kentucky Regulations, the slot limit is as follows, only 1 Flathead over 35”, only 1 Blue Cat over 35” and only 1 channel cat over 28”, is allowed to be brought to the Ramp per person, Boat limit is 2 over per species even if you have 3 person team.
27. ALL ICA tournaments will be draw for start with 20 seconds between each call and last place calling out launch.
28. Violation of any of these rules are grounds for disqualification and/or expulsion from the ICA. Disqualification equals 1 point only.
For more information, contact the Tournament Director here: