Welcome to www.catfishconference.com (the “Website”), which is owned and operated by Catfish Conference (“Catfish Conference” or “we”) and forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Use that govern your use of the Website.
- Purpose. This Website is for personal use only and provides you with information and resources about catfishing and the catfishing community, allows you to become a member of Catfish Conference and access your Catfish Conference account, provides you with an online market place for consumers to purchase and sell catfish-related products, and permits you to register to attend conferences hosted by Catfish Conference (the “Catfish Conference Services”).
- (a) What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Website.
- (i) “Non-personal Information” is any information that does not identify you individually (such as group demographics) or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data. For example, we may collect web browsing history related to the Website, date and times of visits to the Website, date and number of videos viewed through the Website, and/or IP address associated with your device(s)
- (ii) “Personal Information” is your personally identifiable information, including first and last name together with email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card information. To the extent we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information.
- (b) How Information Collected. We collect information in the Website in these ways.
- (i) Voluntarily Provided. In the course of visiting and using the Website and the Catfish Conference Services, you may provide information to us voluntarily. For example, in order to use portions of the Website, complete a transaction, become a member of Catfish Conference, or register to attend a conference, you will be asked to complete a form to create a Catfish Conference online user account, including selecting user name and password. You will also be required to various registration forms in the course of becoming a member or registering for a conference. In the course of doing these tasks, you will be asked for information about yourself. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but you will not be able to use portions of the Website, complete transactions, or take advantage of various Catfish Conference Services without doing so. Catfish Conference may collect information you send us and combine it with information from other users and/or de-personalize it to make it Non-personal Information.
- (ii)Technologically Gathered. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Website. For example, we collect traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Website or each page, etc.), collect and log “clickstream data” (such as internet protocol addresses, pages visited, clicks made, courses completed, and similar information) and information about your computer and internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information (unless it is combined with Personal Information that you or other sources provide to us). We may combine information about your use with information about others’ use to generate aggregated Non-personal Information about visitors as a group. Catfish Conference may collect information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology (also known as a “web beacon”) and we may combine this with your Personal Information or with other Non-personal information. This Website employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Website, recognize you, and track your Website usage.
- (2) “Web beacons” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help Catfish Conference determine whether a page on this Website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
- (c) Do Not Track. The Website does not respond to do-not-track signals from browsers or other similar mechanisms. While Catfish Conference (with the assistance of its service providers) does collect information about Your use of the Website for its own use, Catfish Conference does not permit third party advertisers to collect personally identifiable information about Your online activities for their own use when You use the Website. Except as described above, Catfish Conference does not permit third-party behavioral tracking or any other third-party data collection through the Website.
- (a) What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Website.
- How We Use the Information. Generally, Catfish Conference uses information to improve our products and services, to improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Website, to manage transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to build relationships with our vendors and other third parties, to provide you with information about Catfish Conference services, to fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to conduct market research and analysis. Additionally, Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may contact you regarding other purposes related to your use of the Catfish Conference Services. We may also contact you to obtain your input or to provide information about our services or products offered through the Website. Catfish Conference may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Website and may link information about your use of the Website with your Personal Information.
- (a) Transactions. If you provide Personal Information to us in connection making a transaction on the Website, registering as a Catfish Conference member, or registering to attend a conference, Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may use your information to process the transaction and communicate with you. Catfish Conference or its partners or affiliates may use your personal information to communicate with necessary parties regarding your conference or membership registration and your use of the Catfish Conference Services.
- (b) Marketing. We may use your Personal Information and/or Non-personal Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Website and/or through email or U.S. mail. We may communicate with you about Catfish Conference’s services or third party services that may interest you. We may also share or sell some of your Personal (excluding credit card information) and/or Non-personal Information to third parties who offer market and advertise to you. We may use Non-personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves. Catfish Conference does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information.
- Data Security.
- (a) Security Measures. Catfish Conference takes steps to protect your Personal Information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted in the following ways: Catfish Conference protects access to your Personal Information via password. The servers on which your information is stored are kept in a secure environment protected by a firewall.
- (b) Steps you can Take. Where you have selected or received a password for use in connection with login information or accessing certain features of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and for not sharing it with anyone.
- (c) While Catfish Conference will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge and agree that Catfish Conference shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond Catfish Conference’s control (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party (including dealers’) security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond Catfish Conference’s control).
- Disclosure to Third Parties.
- (b) Sharing Information. Catfish Conference may share your information (including Personal Information) with third parties that provide services to Catfish Conference or to You, including but not limited to our affiliates and partners and your lender. Catfish Conference may also share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. Catfish Conference does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-personal Information. Catfish Conference may share it with anyone for any purpose.
- (c) California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at Catfish Conference LLC, PO Box 737, Elizabethtown, KY-42702.
- Managing Your Information.
- (a) Information Access. Upon your request, Catfish Conference will remove your Personal Information from Catfish Conference’s records related to this Website. Doing this may prevent You from accessing and using the Website and the Catfish Conference Services. If you wish to update/correct Personal Information you have already provided to us, or if you wish to remove your Personal Information from our records, please send your request to us via email at email@example.com, or via postal mail at Catfish Conference LLC, PO Box 737, Elizabethtown, KY-42702.
- (b) Opting Out.
- (i) Email Marketing. You may choose to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending your request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at Catfish Conference LLC, PO Box 737, Elizabethtown, KY-42702, or by using the means (such as clicking “unsubscribe”) provided in our marketing emails. Please note, however, that your opt-out will apply only to marketing emails, not email communications about your Transaction or other non-marketing correspondence.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on our Website. If we discover that any registration is made by a child under the age of 13, such registration will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from our Website, with or without notice.
- Contact Information.